Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fiesta Soup

If you need a quick and tasty recipe for these cool nights this soup will fill both requirements.  I made this soup in my crock-pot but you can do it on the stove-top if you prefer.



Cook 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( did mine in the crock-pot)
Once the meat is cooked add

1 can Mexican stewed tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn with red and green peppers
1 can chicken broth
1 can Rotel tomatoes and  peppers (I used the HOT)
1 can diced green chilies
1 Can Campbell NACHO cheese soup
2 tablespoons of dehydrated onions (or you could saute fresh onions in a tablespoon of olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Cumin
Mix well

Add 3 cups water
simmer until done (I cooked mine for 4 hours in the crock pot)
add salt and pepper if desired ( I did not)

If you want a heartier soup you can ladle it over cooked brown rice

Top with Sour cream and shredded cheese if desired.  My younger daughter also added hot-sauce to hers.  Serve with bread-sticks and a salad

YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment